Product Support Services, Inc. (PSSI) was established in 1997 as a service division of Uniden America Corporation (UAC) specializing in the repair/refurbishment of wireless devices. PSSI was spun-off from UAC in 2000.
Today, PSSI is one of the largest reverse logistics support centers for wireless electronics, intelligent transportation systems, telecommunications equipment, consumer products and electronics in the industry. The company has grown from 40 employees to more than 400 employees by focusing on and becoming an expert in providing returns management services that ensure the efficient processing, repairing and fulfilling of returned goods.
Some of the most respected and largest telecommunication companies, electronics manufacturers, retailers and distributors, and third-party logistics service providers rely on PSSI to reduce their returns management and processing costs.
- 1997 – Founded PSSI as a subsidiary of Uniden America Corporation
- 1998 – Rolled out Shop Floor Control system
- 1999 – Implemented MRP Systems
- 2000 – Completed first Capital Investment Plan
- 2001 – Implemented Quality Management System (QMS)
- 2001 – OEM partnerships begin
- 2002 –Earned ISO9001 Certification
- 2002 – Earned ISO9001:2000 Certification
- 2004 – Expanded Shop Floor Control Systems
- 2004 – Delivered first dashboard and real-time bench-top metrics
- 2005 – Employed Lean Manufacturing
- 2009 – Adopted Six Sigma
- 2010 – Launched 5S